Knives have always been a vital part of the kitchen appliances. For those who cook more or perhaps chop more, Santoku knives are bliss for them. Its sharp-edged blades provide a better grip and a smooth cut to the vegetables or fruits, no matter how hard they are.
In this articles we’ll talk a close look about the Best Santoku knife in 2021. We’ve compared Material, Handle, Tapering, Sharpness, Lightweight, User Reviews and cost to give you our best recommendations.
Best Santoku knife 2021
|Mercer Culinary Millennia 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife||Check On Amazon|
|Amazon Choice||Amazon Choice||Shun Classic 7″ Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife||Check On Amazon|
|Santoku Knife – MOSFiATA 7″ Super Sharp Professional||Check On Amazon|
|Editor Choice||Editor Choice||DALSTRONG Santoku Knife – Shogun Series||Check On Amazon|
|value of Money||value of Money||KYOKU Daimyo Series||Check On Amazon|
Santoku knives are originated in Japan, and one of the vital functions of this knife is to slice meat or cheese. These knives have a minimal handle and broad blade, which makes it perfect for slicing food items perfectly thin. Cutting, mincing, and dicing the foot items delicate to increase the aesthetic value of the food, is the main aim of the Santoku knife. It has a sheepsfoot blade usually with no tip to make it much sharper overall than only at the tip. This knife is perfect for those who have small hands and love to dice food items at a fast speed. Even many chefs across the world use Santoku knifes, to mince or slice their meat or vegetables speedily.
Best Santoku knife Reviews 2021
A Santoku knife is a perfect companion for those who love aesthetic cooking. Its excellent quality of blade made with due skill and varied processes, along with the soft and sturdy handle, is a bliss to be used. There are various options of Santoku knives available in the market, and it is pretty tricky among varieties to choose from. All knives look pretty similar and have more or less the same functional advantages. Yet, we have provided a review of the best selling Santoku knifes for you to explore and choose the best according to your needs. Below is the comparison among the best sale Santoku knifes:
Mercer Culinary Millennia 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife is made up of superior quality of one-piece Japanese steel which is stainless and doesn’t get rust or discolored after using it for a long time. The sharp blade is very easy to knife and cuts the food items evenly and smoothly, giving the things an excellent aesthetic look.
The best santoku knife has Ergonomic handles which are of superior quality which is smooth and gives you a firm grip. The handle has finger points to make a grip of your hand so that the knife doesn’t slip out. The knife even has a finger guard to protect your fingers while you’re chopping the food items. The knife is highly suited for those who love fine edged blades. Below mentioned are some pros and cons for a more careful analysis of the functional aspect of the sword:
- Trusted brand: Mercer is a quality brand that provides thousands of high precision cutleries across the globe.
- Quality steel: The knife is made up of high quality one-piece stainless steel and resists discoloration, rust, and corrosion.
- Ergonomic handle: The handles of the knife are smooth and provides an excellent grip to your hands.
- Finger points: The finger points are there in the handle along with finger guard to protect your fingers from getting cuts and wounds.
- Difficulty in cleaning: It is pretty challenging to clean it as food items get stick to the blade of the knife.
- Gets blunt soon: Many customers have complained that after a few usages, the knife gets blunt and has to be sharpened regularly.
- Maintenance: Good level of support like proper cleaning of the knife, saving it from extreme heat and pressure is duly required.
Shun Classic 7″ Hollow-Ground Santoku All-Purpose Kitchen Knife is a knife of high excellence as its blade is made up of good quality extra carbon, cobalt, tungsten which provides strength and durability to the sword. Its handle is made up of ebony PakkaWood which provides the knife a cleaner and smoother look.
The sharp blades offer a faster mincing and dicing of the food items. It is durable and can cut even ripe fruits or vegetables. Below mentioned are some pros and cons of for a better analysis of the functional aspect of the blade:
- Superb handle: The ebony PakkaWood handle is smooth and perfect for a better grip of the knife.
- Stainless steel: The knife is made up of stainless steel and gives the high performance of being rust and corrosion-free.
- Can cut riped items: One of the best advantages of this knife is that it can cut riped food items, that too smoothly.
- Chipping: Many customers have complained of its chipping blades quite early, which has made its performance pretty low.
- Rust: Many of them have even complained of rust settling on the knife too soon.
Santoku Knife – MOSFiATA 7″ Super Sharp Professional Kitchen Cooking Knife is a high quality German stainless steel knife which resists rust, corrosion, and discoloration. It has an ultra-sharp edge, which makes it perfect for dicing, mincing, and chopping food items evenly.
It has a Micarta handle, which makes the handle smooth and provides a better grip to your hand without tensioning the wrists. It even has finger guards to offer a better grip and durability to the knife. Below mentioned are some pros and cons for a better analysis of the functional aspect of the blade:
- Ultra-sharp edge: The knife is infused with the ultra-sharp edge with which you can cut any food item, whether riped or unripe.
- Finger guard: A finger guard is included along with a knife to protect your fingers while you are cutting the food items.
- Ergonomic handles: This handle provides a smooth finish to the knife and even provides a better grip to it. You can quickly work for hours in the kitchen with this knife.
- Knife sharpener: The knife comes with a knife sharpener included with this and allows you to sharpen your blade as soon as it gets blunt.
- A perfect gift: The combo of the knife, with finger guard and sharpener, makes it an ideal gift for your loved ones.
- Heavy: Many customers have complained that the knife is massive, and their wrists start hurting after working for a few minutes with it.
- Blunt: Many of them have even complained of it being blunt and that it is unable to cut also essential food items.
DALSTRONG Santoku Knife – Shogun Series has a superb performance and quality and cuts your food items super evenly. Made with Japanese stainless steel, it has layers of steel to make it durable and sturdy. It has a sheep foot’s rounded blade to make it perfect for a proper and smooth cut of food items. It has a 66 layered high-carbon stainless steel, which makes it look awful.
It is rust and corrosion free, and it has easy maintenance. It is easy to clean it without taking much of your efforts. It even reduces the food sticking on it as its blades are correctly polished. Below mentioned are some pros and cons for a better analysis of the functional aspect of the knife:
- Durable: The knife is pretty durable and can be used for long without blunting the blade.
- Rust free: The blade is rust free and hence doesn’t get dull soon.
- Handle: Its handle is of superb quality, which doesn’t slip as it has a fabulous grip. The handle is even resistant to heat.
- Tapered blade: The knife has a proper tapered edge to reduce pressure on your wrists and cut smoothly.
- Brittle: Many customers have complained of chipping of the blades after using it for a very long period.
- Rust: A good deal of rust is also observed after using it for a long time.
KYOKU Daimyo Series is a knife of exceptionally high performance and quality. It has cobalt and stainless steel which makes it durable and long-lasting. The wide blades which it has cut the food items easily without hurting your wrists.
The slight curve in which the edge has helps to remove fatigue while chopping. It has a G10 handle, which is heat, moisture, and cold resistance. The blades of the knife are nitrogen cooled to provide it high-level hardness. It even helps to keep it corrosion-free. Below mentioned are some pros and cons for a better analysis of the functional aspect of the blade:
- High sharpness: The blade is tapered at 8-12° per angle, which makes it incredibly sharp and perfect for cutting different food items.
- Rust free: The nitrogen-cooled technique makes this knife highly sharp and corrosion-free.
- Handle: The G10 handle is smooth, comfortable, and doesn’t hurt your wrists while using it for a long time.
- Beautiful: The mosaic finish of the handle makes it look gorgeous and is even perfect for gifting.
- Stainless steel: It is made up of VG10 stainless steel, which is highly resistant to rust and corrosion and even performs excellently on cutting food items.
- Rust: Many customers have complained of rust, which appears after two months of using it.
- Less sharp: The blades are not up to the mark for many customers and chips off after a few usages. It even becomes dull after a few of the washings.
Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Rosewood Santoku Knife is superbly designed and looks elegant due to its Japanese touch. It forms air pockets, which prevents food from sticking on it and hence maintains a high level of hygiene and quality. The blade minimizes friction, and it becomes easier for mincing or slicing the food items.
The laser tested sharp knife is fit for every task of slicing, mincing, and dicing, which makes it a superb option for chefs across the world. The handle is made up of rosewood, which is smooth and even provides a better grip while you are holding the knife. The knife is well balanced and offers excellent durability. Below mentioned are some pros and cons for a better analysis of the functional aspect of the edge:
- High quality: The European stainless steel, along with being lightweight, makes it of refined class and texture.
- Handle: It has a handle made up of rosewood, which provides a better grip and even an elegant look. The handle will not hurt your wrist even after prolonged usage.
- Granton blade: The tampered Granton blade reduces the friction and forms air pockets to reduce friction while chopping.
- Easy cleaning: You can easily clean it in a dishwasher without the worries of it being reshaped.
- Damp handle: Many customers have complained that the handle absorbs water and gets damped after a few usages and hence smells terrible.
- Cleaning issues: There is a gap between the blade and the handle inside which food items get stuck. It can’t be cleaned quickly, and lots of efforts are required to clean it.
TUO Santoku Knife uses the best German stainless steel and has superb high performance as compared to other knives. The blade is incredibly sharp and is pretty simple to maintain. The handle is made up of good quality Pakkawood and is much stable. The handle is treated to avoid any crack or expansion in it. The Ergonomic design which it has provides comfort to your wrists while you are chopping.
The narrow blade which it has provides both a practical and beautiful look to the knife. The blade is made up of stainless steel, nitrogen treated under high tech vacuum to make it a perfectly sharp knife for your chopping, and cutting needs. Below mentioned are some pros and cons for a better analysis of the functional aspect of the blade:
- Beautiful: The elegant handle and blade which it has, make the design and look of the knife awful and mesmerizing, making it perfect for gifting even.
- Balanced: The knife is well-balanced, and that the grip of the blade along with the pressure required cutting the things is perfect.
- Handle: The Pakkawood handle is of superior quality and has a good grip. It is free from expansion and breaks even when used for an extended period.
- Luxury packing: It has luxury packing, which makes it perfect for gifting even.
- Handle issues: Few customers have complained that the metal on the handle is pretty sharp and causes inconvenience while they are chopping.
- Dull: It is pretty dark as compared to other knives and is even prone to chipping off.
The Knife is made of stainless steel and wooden handle. The stainless steel comprises a molybdenum steel blade. It has the quality of razor-sharp edge and cuts your food items super evenly. It is lightly weighted, which makes it easy to handle. It can be considered as a great starter kitchen knife.
- Rust free: It is made of a molybdenum steel blade, which is rust and corrosion-resistant.
- Comfort: Its wooden handle offers maximum comfort.
- All-rounder: It cuts all types of vegetables, fish, and meat.
- Lightweight: It weighs up to 4 ounces i.e., 115 grams (approx), which gives excellent control of the grip, which makes the cutting simpler, smoother, and more manageable.
- Smoothness: It cuts the slices very well, and its design makes it easy to scoop whatever it is on the cutting board.
- Less durable: It is not permanent, which means that the knife will eventually come apart, which is very risky while cutting and chopping. It may lead to some major accidents.
- Short life: It was sometimes not easy to sharpen the knife, which makes it dull, and they don’t hold their edge correctly.
- Less strength: Its blade is too thin, which might bend the knife when it strikes on some hard surface.
Buyer’s Guide before buying a Best Santoku knife 2021
Having looked the various best Santoku knives along with their pros and cons, you need to know the buying guide before you purchase the knives. Below mentioned are some of the points for you to consider before your final purchase:
The blade should be of stainless steel, with a single piece of iron in it. Moreover, if the edge is infused with nitrogen treatment or carbon, tungsten better, it is always an added advantage. Check for material before you buy the knife; otherwise it can cause rust or corrosion in the long run.
Make sure that the handle is soft and is water-resistant. There are some knives which absorb water and damp after specific uses. Check out for that handle. Moreover, the handle should be smooth enough, with finger points in it, which will not hurt your wrist while using it for a long time. Check the grip of the handle in your hand before actually buying it.
The blade should be tapered at an angle varying 10°-15°. More the tapering, lesser is the friction. If the resistance is more, it will hurt your wrists while chopping ripe food items. Strength should always be less to cut the pieces smoothly without involving much time.
Check out for sharpness before you buy a knife. The blade of the knife should be sharp enough and not blunt; otherwise, it could cause you much of the efforts while cutting your food items.
The knife should not be much heavy as you will be using it in your home. A heavy knife is not suitable as they difficult to be held in your hand and even hurts your arm.
There are a few knives which have some finger points to rest your finger there. But that gap between the blade and handle can cause you problems in cleaning which may eventually lead to rust or discoloration of the knife. Make sure that you keep the cleaning point in your mind before buying the knife.
An ordinary Santoku knife is around 7” inches. Choose according to your needs and desire the perfect size for you. For those whose hands are long can go for a longer knife than the standard and vice versa.
Santoku knives are always famous due to its excellent wide blades and aesthetic looks. The effective functioning of knives makes it a super yes for chefs across the globe. But due to the variety of cutters available in the market, it is highly essential that you choose the right santoku knife according to needs and wants. Every sword is good but has some definite flaws which cannot be avoided.
Whether they are cleaning issues, handle issues, or sharpness issues, you have to keep in mind all of them while you are purchasing the knives. The detailed analysis of the blades shows the various pros and cons of knives given above. While buying a best santoku knife make sure, it is sharp enough; stainless steel has a smooth handle and doesn’t get rust after few usages. Also, it is essential to check that the knife is around 10-15° tampered to reduce the friction while you are chopping. Air pockets should be formed on the blades to minimize the sticking of food on it and maintain hygiene. Hence, a complete analysis of the features is essential to make your shopping perfect.
- Best Santoku knife 2021
- Best Santoku knife Reviews 2021
- #1. Mercer Culinary Millennia 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife:
- #2. Shun Classic 7″ Hollow-Ground Santoku All-Purpose Kitchen Knife:
- #3. Santoku Knife – MOSFiATA 7″ Super Sharp Professional Kitchen Cooking Knife
- #4. DALSTRONG Santoku Knife – Shogun Series – Damascus
- #5. KYOKU Daimyo Series – Damascus Chef Knife
- #6. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Rosewood Santoku Knife
- #7. TUO Santoku Knife 7 inch – Kitchen Knife – Vegetable Knife Cutlery
- #8. Japanese Stainless Steel Kitchen Cooking Chef Sushi Santoku Knife
- Buy Now At Amazon
- Buyer’s Guide before buying a Best Santoku knife 2021