Summertime, want to enjoy a barbeque party in your lawn or backyard? Inviting your friends to the barbeque party by the poolside in the summer would make you popular. Sometimes it turns out to become a tradition and you would love to host these parties regularly with your family. Kids love you for having them over and become a good place for gossips. Summers can always be eventful and also fun with many people to hang around with.
So, with all the arrangements for the barbeque party, a proper Gas Grill is the main requirement of the event. A fast and efficient cooking grill is what you will be looking for the most. Sometimes you may have to borrow from your neighbor and sometime you can hire it for rent. Having one for yourself is the best way to go about if you do this frequently. All the delicious food you want to serve to your guests depends on how fast your cooking grill is and also some of your cooking skills.
So, in this article, we are focusing on the gas grills used in the backyard mostly, and see which one of them is good to buy. We will try and make your buying process easier by bringing them under a single list. You can go through their features as mentioned and then take the right decision.
Best Gas Grill Reviews 2020
The list of best gas grills is as below and these are chosen based on their rating and the customer’s reviews. Let us dig into them one by one.
Weber is a well-known brand in the US that has designed this super-hot grill which runs on the propane gas. It is made of the porcelain-enameled lid that retains heat as much as possible and also making sure to protect it from all the elements. Model named as Genesis II has a 10 years warranty assured by Weber. The one we are talking about now is a black colored one but is also available with the stainless-steel finishing one. It has been installed with the Gs4 performance grilling system to provide a great cooking experience.
It is a 3 burner system that can be used for all the cooking purposes when you want to get the complete barbeque experience and we are sure you will not fail in it. The center system has the main burner in it, which has a BTU-per hour of 39000. There is a side station or also known as a Saute burner that has a BTU per hour of 12000 and the sear station burner has BTU of 9000. The sear station is used to quickly sear the meat also making sure the food is not burnt to be unedible. They are known to be the hottest place in the grill. On the left side of the grill are the tool hook installed that will help you hang accessoriesthat provide easy access while cooking. The cabinet below has the grease collection plate that will collect all the grease from the cooked food.
- 3 burner system makes sure you get all types of cooking experience in a single grill
- Stainless-steel build evenly distributes the heat to ensure the cooking is done properly
- The porcelain-enameled lid retains the heat inside when closed to ensure energy conservation
- Tool-hooks installed for easy access to the tool
- 10-years warranty provided by Weber
- Damaged product received by the customers
- It is easily accessible by raccoons
Char-Broil is a 2-burner grill that is designed to give you the best cooking experience for your barbeque party. Made of stainless steel, the quality of the product is maintained very well to provide you a long-lasting service. As mentioned, the grill has 2-burners installed to produce even heat across the cooking area. The cooking area spreads around 300 sq inches which are the primary cooking area of the grill. The grates are made of porcelain-coated cast iron that also generates great sear on the meat that you cook. There are also 100 sq inches of the additional swing-away rack which is also installed with similar grates.
The grill is also accompanied by the stainless steel lid that is made of the best steel to provide durability. A temperature gauge is mounted on the lid to make sure heat is controlled to the requirement. It comes with the electronic ignitor which lights up in the first instance without any delay. This is a space-saving grill where the side tray can be folded when not in use and this will help in better storage. There is an access cabinet at the bottom part of it which can be used to store the propane gas and also to store any other accessories. The 4 casters available helps you move the grill around easily. Two of them also can be locked to make sure it does not move when it is being used.
- 2 burners with great cooking area
- Porcelain-coated grates to ensure the durability of the product
- A stainless-steel lid with a temperature gauge to monitor the temperature
- Electronic ignition for a quick switch on
- Storage cabinet provided at the bottom
- 4 casters help move the grill easily
- Defective and damaged product received by a few customers
Specially designed to be a restaurant-grade grill, this 4-burner one from Blackstone has a huge cooking space of 700+ sq inches. This is a perfect outdoor cooking tool that is built without any compromises. As huge as it looks, it is easy to assemble and can be assembled by the customer itself with all the instructions provided with the product. The 4 burners present evenly heats the surface and can easily be ignited using the quick ignition button available on the control panel. Each burner has an independent control knob that makes it easier to control heat on any side of the cooking area.
With the hugeness of the grill, 4 strong casters are installed to make sure it is easy to be moved around. Two of them are lockable, making it easy to control its movement or to stand still where it is required to. It is designed to cook from 2 people to the whole neighborhood. The burners are made of strong stainless steel which is designed to last a life long. The steel surface on the top is thick enough to retain heat and conserve energy. It is a simply made grill but most effective, to be honest.
- 700+ sq inches of cooking area on the grill
- Can control heat to create heat zones as required
- 4 burners are made of stainlesssteel material which is strong enough for a lifetime of usage
- Strong casters make it easy to move around – 2 are lockable to make it a sturdy stand
- Restaurant grade grill hence can expect a long life
- Quality issues have been found by customers
- Missing parts found in the package.
Looking for a portable grill that you can use as you travel along? Then Coleman’s portable one is the one you should go for. It is a propane-fueled grill that can easily be moved around with the casters installed and also with its lightweight. It is designed to produce 20,000 BTUs of cooking power and has a cooking area of 285 sq. inch. Even with the small design, it has 3 burners and each one of them is independently controllable. So, you can create own cooking zones in the cooking area. You can separately control the burners from an independent knob that is provided in the grill. There is also a button for igniting the burner which can be operated from a single press.
Below there is a water pan that catches the additional grease the falls off while cooking. It is also removable making it easy to clean. On the sides, there is space for you to place utensils and sauces. To monitor the temperature, there is a thermometer installed to get the accurate readings. The stand has 2 wheels which will help move it with ease. The other 2 legs have the stopper on them so that the grill does not move when you want it stationary.
- Portable hence easy to move around and also compatible as your travel companion
- Water pan catches any additional grease
- The lid is available to retain the heat of the pan
- Push-button ignitor available for an easy switch on
- The grill is foldable making it easy to carry around
- Customers complained of poor quality in the product
- Peeling of paints being seen
Another one from Weber which has a model name as Spirit II is a 3-burner grill that runs on the liquid propane. Like the previous one, this is also installed with the GS4 grilling system that also contains the improved ignition and burners in it. The grease management system in it has also been improved provides a tidier cooking experience. The whole cooking area is around 529sq. inches, and with 3 burners you can manage with different temperature zones on it to make sure you get a versatile cooking experience. It can burn 30,000 BTU per hour from the main burners.
It has an open cart design which gives very good ventilation to the cart and the unnecessary heating parts of the grill. There is a push-button ignitor in it that will ensure easy usage of the grill. The lid on it is installed with the thermometer to make sure you can cook the food at the required temperature. Just below, there is space for you to be able to store the accessories. Two strong wheels are installed to make sure it is easily movable – just tilt on the wheel side to move it as required.
- GS4 grilling system which is Weber’s specialty
- 529 sq inches of the cooking area makes the grill a good one to have
- Six tool hooks provided to hand the accessories
- Lid thermometer installed
- Some customers faced a heating problem in the grill
Char-Broil introduces this elegant looking one, which is fueled by the propane gas. The grill is completely black and it has a mat finish that brings out the looks of it. With 3 burners installed in it, it has 360 sq inches of the cooking space in it which makes it easy to cook for 3-6 people at once. The grates used in it are porcelain-coated ones that provide long-lasting life for the grill. The burners are made of stainless-steel material; hence they have high durability. The lid is also a porcelain-coated one that helps in retaining the heat inside to conserve the energy.
Three control knobs are present to manage the heat of each burner – so you can use only the ones that are required. There is a push-button ignitor which makes sure you can light the burner anytime in an instant. For some prep space – on each side of the grill there is space of 12×13 inches of space that can be used to store your sauces and cooking oil. Two legs of the stand have 2 wheels installed to help you move it with an easy push. The other two legs have stopper installed to makes sure t does not move when you are in the cooking position.
- 360 sq inches of cooking space available
- 170 sq inches of warming space available
- 3 stainless steel burner makes the cooking a better experience
- 2 strong wheels attached to the legs to make the movement easier
- Preparation space available on both the sides
- Flame shields do not work as expected
- Poor quality complaints by some users
Char-Griller has that completely black look that is elegant and also attractive at the same time. The mat finish makes it a good one to show off with. The gas grill has 48 sq inches of cooking space which is a good one for a medium-sized family. With three burners installed it gives a very good cooking option for you when you have a small quantity to grill. There is also a warming rack available in it which is around 192 sq inches in area. Not just the ability, the durability is also maintained well to make sure the life is long. It has a durable steel construction with preparation space on both sides.
With three burners, comes three knobs that control each of the burners separately. You can hence conserve energy when required by using only the required burner. Electronic ignition ignites the burners in a single push. Also, for long-lasting durability, the grill has porcelain-coated grates.
- 438 sq inches of cooking space available – good for a medium-sized family
- 192 sq inches of warming rack
- Preparation space is available on both the sides of the grill
- Durable steel construction of the grill
- Electronic ignition available
- The legs and the bottom part of the grill rusted badly.
As the name suggests, this is a Royal looking grill from Royal Gourmet that is huge enough to serve a party very easily. It has 5 stainless steel burners along with a sear burner and the lid burner, making it a complete cooking experience. The cooking space has 802 sq inches of cooking area that will be very helpful in case you are arranging for a party at your place. It is designed with heavy-duty stainless steel with a double-layered lid to retain the heat within while cooking. This increases the cooking speed of the grill. The lid is also installed with the thermometer to ensure the right temperature is maintained while cooking.
Electronic ignition available in the grill enables a quick start of the cooking without wasting much time. On the sides of the grill, there is a preparation space available that will help you place all the sauces and ingredients for cooking. There is a removable grease tray that is available to make sure all additional grease can be disposed of.
- Large space available for cooking – suitable for larger events
- Made of the complete steel body for durability
- Wheel on each of the legs to make sure you can move it easily
- Removable grease tray available
- Made of thin material as mentioned by few users
RevoAce is a 4-burner grill that is powered by propane gas and best suits a medium-sized family for a small party. It has a lid with the thermometer installed to make sure you at what temperatures are you cooking your food. The lid is made of stainless steel and is pretty sturdy. The 4 burners are also made of stainlesssteel material to make sure it has a durable life. There is also a side burner available in it to make sure you can saute the food as you cook in the main grill.
With 2 strong wheels available on 2 legs it makes moving it easier. The other 2 legs have the stopper installed, which ensures it does not move when you are cooking. The side burner has a lid that closes flat and hence you will not notice it when it is closed.
- 4 burner makes the cooking faster and for many people
- Side burner helps in re-heating and warming the food
- Wheels make the movement easy
- Lid with thermometer available
- The ignitor does not work properly
- Made of poor-quality material
The last one on our list is from Char-Broil, which is a classic version and has 4 burners installed in it. The looks of the grill are similar to one of the previous products we discussed. It is completely black and this is the classic style of the grill that is available in the market. It has 405 sq inches of cooking space available in and has the porcelain-coated grates installed in it. The 4 burners are made of stainless steel and are placed in line with each other. For warming purposes, there is a porcelain-coated swing-away rack available in the grill. The lid is also porcelain-coated stainless-steel material to ensure durability.
The sides have good space on both sides which can be used as a preparation area for cooking. With 2 wheels making it easier to move, the remaining two legs have the stopper installed to ensure stronghold on the ground.
- 405 sq inch of cooking space
- 190 sq inch of swing-away rack
- Steel lid for better heat retainment
- Side shelves for preparation space
- Some customers complained as the product was cheaply made.
Best Gas Grill 2020 : Buying Guide
With so many options available for you to choose from, which one do you think you will buy. If you are still confused at this stage, we will tell you about some important general featured that you need to look into before you buy. These will help you decide on the right product for your requirements.
Grills are available in various sizes from various brands. Before deciding on the brand, you want to go for, check what is the purpose for your buy. Is it for a party purpose or your regular weekend family get together one? How many people do you regularly expect for the get-together? If you know this number then deciding on the size of the grill will get easier. Hence comes space that is available to cook on the grill. Based on the number of guests expected regularly, the space available on the grill can be decided.
Another feature is the number of burners that are available in it. If you are going for the smaller space in the grill then the number of burners can also reduce. Some brands have more burners for the same sized grills. More burners mean more options for versatile cooking. So, look for the number of burners that are available for the main cooking space.
The thermometer might seem silly to be used on the grill but having one is a sensible option to have. That is because you can monitor the temperature and making sure you do not get your food charred. Some grilling requires the exact temperature to give the perfect cooked food. So, this is a very good option in your grill.
To make sure the food is prepared on the safe grill, make sure it is manufactured out of stainless steel. Stainless steel is a very good metal for cooking food and it makes sure the taste of the food is retained and does not impact the quality of the food. It also avoids any rust getting formed on the metal; hence they are the safest material for cooking purposes.
Wheels are required if you think you need to move your grill frequently. Most of them come with the wheels on them, but it is also good to look before you buy if there are any wheels or not. If you are going for a bigger one, then wheels are a must as they get heavier to move.
Well, we now believe you are in a position to take the decision of which grill you want to buy. All these products listed were carefully chosen based on the ratings provided to them and also the comments from the existing customers. Your choice should depend on what your requirements are and we believe we have covered all types that are available in the market. Happy Buying!
You Love to check :
- Best Small Electric Smoker 2020
- 8 Best Pizza Pan 2020
- Best Barbeque Grills
- Best Smokeless Indoor Grill
- Best Electric Smoker Under $200
- Best Gas Grill Reviews 2020
- #1. Weber 61016001 Genesis II E-335 3-Burner
- #2. Char-Broil – 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill- Stainless steel
- #3. Blackstone 1554 Station-4-burner
- #4. Coleman Portable Grill
- #5. Weber Spirit II E-310 3-Burner Liquid Propane Grill
- #6. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Grill
- #7. Char-Griller Gas Grill
- #8. Royal Gourmet Cabinet Grill with Side Burner
- #9. RevoAce 4-Burner LP Gas Grill with Side Burner
- #10. Char-Broil Classic 405 4-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Best Gas Grill 2020 : Buying Guide