Summertime does not feel complete without having at least one barbeque party arranged. It is that time of the year when you get a reason to meet your cousins, friends and other family members. Everyone is busy with their hectic schedule and this would be the right opportunity and reason for everyone to get together.”
It is summertime and you want to break the ice with your new friends, then this is the way it needs to be done. You can also get popular among your friends when you invite them to the barbeque party. Tasting that juicy meat with various sauce is a dream come true. You can also enrich your barbequing skills with a regular barbeque party. Getting the right barbeque grill for your party is very important. If you happen to land with a wrong grill then you will surely be disappointed with the results.
Right cooking, perfect sear, and tasty sauces are requirements for the perfect barbeque. Although sauce can be modified, the grill has to be perfect for your requirement. The best grate in the grill gives the best sear and the right air circulation gives the right heat for perfect cooking. Keeping all these requirements in mind we have come up with a list for you to help you choose the best grill. These are carefully chosen BBQ grills after looking at their ratings, features, and comments by the customers. Without wasting much time, let us look into them now.
Best BBQ Grill Reviews 2021
Oklahoma Joe’s is a company that has been established in the year 1987 and since then been inspiring people to experiment and develop their sauces for the barbeque. The current model we are discussing is made of 12-gauge of steel and has heavy construction for durability. The model is based on the Texas-style barbeque and is a pretty good looking one. For the perfect sear that you require on the barbeque, thick cast-iron grates are installed in the grill.
For the proper sears to produce based on the type of meat that is been used in the grill, there is a height-adjustable charcoal tray. Due to this option, you can also grill as per your requirement. For the right heat to be produced by the grill, the right amount of air needs to circulate in it. For this purpose, large air dampers are installed for the right airflow. The grill provides 540 sq inches of cooking area that can accommodate at least 30 burgers in a single stretch.
With two wheels attached to the stand, it makes it easier to move it either to your backyard or the courtyard where you would want to have the barbeque party. With the heavy construction, it weighs about 215 lbs but the wheels make it easy to move it around. Just beside the grill are trays on either side, which can be used to place other cooking accessories or items. There is the thick lid that retains heat within the grill to ensure the fast cooking of the meat inside. The lid contains a thermometer to monitor the heat within the grill.
- The grill provides 540 sq inches of the cooking area – can fit up to 30 burgers in a single instance
- Cool rubber grip on the handle to make sure you do not burn your hand
- The thermometer on the lid makes it easy to monitor the temperature
- There is the fire-box access door provided at the front side
- Height adjustable charcoal tray to manage the cooking heat
- Cast-iron grate to get the perfect sear for the meat
- No cons on the product by the customers
Designed especially for using it on the Patio, the grill from Char-Griller uses charcoal to cook the meat for you. This is quite smaller than the one we spoke about previously, but it suits small places perfectly. Not everyone has a big courtyard or outdoor area in their house to use it for grilling the barbeque. For such a requirement, this model from Char-Griller suits perfectly. Based on the size of this grill, it has lesser cooking area available but that is more than sufficient for at least 12-15 burgers at a single stretch.
As per the standard requirement, the grill has the cast-iron cooking grates that produce very good sear on the meat that you cook on it. As it should occupy a smaller space there is only one side tray to place the accessories or the cooking ingredients. The grill is placed on a very simple 4-legged stand in which two of the legs have wheels, which can help you move it with ease. Just above the wheels, there is a rack on which you can keep other necessary tools or accessories for the grill.
There is a lid provided that has a wooden handle to open and close the lid. The grill has heavy steel construction and is powder-coated to avoid any rust or corrosion to the body. The side tray is also made out of wood and hence gives a very classic look to it. The charcoal tray can be opened from the right side of the grill and it is quite well hidden in the built. Although small in size it does a heavy-duty as it is built for it.
- Suits very well for small space especially a Patio
- Uses charcoal to cook/grill the meat/vegetables
- Heavy-duty steel used in the construction of the grill
- Bottom storage rack provided for convenience
- 250 sq inches of area for cooking available
- The gap in the lids allows heat and smoke to escape
- No temperature gauge available
- No place to accumulate the grease drips
Dyna-Glo Signature series of the grill comes with a dual cooking area with the option to either use just one or both of them. Each of the spaces can be used to cook at different temperatures and also increases the cooking speed of the grill. The primary cooking area is around 443 sq inches and the offset/secondary cooking area is around 287 sq inches, totally up to 730 sq inches. This is a large area considering other grills in this list. You will be able to cover multiple guests in a single go. Completely black and powder coated to ensure the durability of the body, it has a heavy steel construction. The powder coating ensures no rust or corrosion impacts the surface hence keeping it safe from getting damaged.
The most important part of the grill is the grate installed in it. This model house cast iron grate which is porcelain-enameled to ensure durability and longevity. The long chimney attached to the large cooking area ensures the right amount of airflow so that the food gets cooked perfectly. The large cooking area has been installed with the analog thermometer to monitor the temperature at which the food is being cooked.
The charcoal tray is easy to be removed with the handle provided for it. The lid handle is uniquely designed to avoid any heat to be conducted to it so that you can easily open and close it without burning your hand. There is a tray in the front to store the essential accessories or can be folded down when not required. The stand has 2 over-sized wheels that make the movement of the grill easy and fast.
- Two cooking space with a total of 730 sq inches
- Fuelled by charcoal, gives a very good smoke flavor to the grilled food
- Heavy-gauged steel construction provides durability and longevity
- Spring designed handle makes it easy to open and close the lid
- Analog thermometer lets you control the cooking heat
- Wheels installed for quick mobility.
- Longer assembly time than mentioned in the manual
- Welds are not too strong.
Royal Gourmet is a dual cooking grill that has both the grilling area and the smoker area to provide the meat with the smoky taste and flavor. The offset smoker grill can also be used as the smaller grilling area in case you want to speed up the cooking process. It runs on the charcoal; hence you can get the proper smoke flavor to the meat or the vegetables that you are cooking on it. Adding in smaller wood pieces with the charcoal would allow additional smoke in the grill.
The most important thing in the grill is the grate, and in this model, it is spaciously placed. The grate is coated with porcelain coating to ensure the heat is distributed evenly along the grate producing proper sear to the meat. Cooking with this heat locks in all the juices within the meat and hence preserving all the flavors. As they are spaciously distanced, it gets easy to clean them.
Charcoal pan is placed in such a way that it becomes easy for you to tend to the coal to adjust the temperature. The same pan collects the ashes and it is easier to remove the pan so that you can dispose of the ash with ease. As it is a charcoal-based cooking system, no ignition system is required in it. The temperature gauge is present on the lid of the main grill so that you can monitor and control the heat to your requirement. Spring type handle does not conduct heat hence making it safe for you to hold it for opening and closing the lid. The grill has a larger area for cooking with 438 sq inches of cooking area in the main chamber and 183 sq inches of side box that is available for both smoking and grilling the meat.
- Total of 800 sq inches of the cooking area available in the grill
- Porcelain-coated grate produces good sear on the meat
- Chimney provided in the grill for easy and good circulation of air to provide the good heating
- Charcoal pan is easily accessible
- Wheels provided on two legs to make the movement easier
- Temperature gauge provided in the lid
- Leakage found in the grill
- A damaged and defective product received
Char-Broil introduces a mini form of the charcoal grill that is available in black color and saves a lot of space. The grill is a barrel-shaped one and is placed on the stand that has 2 wheels. The wheels are over-sized to make sure it becomes easier for movement. Although small, it has a cooking area of 225 sq inches that is enough to cook for at least 4-6 people at a single instance. The grates are made of cast-iron that has a longer life and the heat get evenly distributed for perfect cooking. Cast-iron is best for frequent exposure to high temperatures.
On the right side of the main barrel, there is the handle for the charcoal drawer that slides to open. You can easily clean the tray with ease as it is easily accessible. On the left side of the barrel, there is the tray with wooden planks where you can place the cooking ingredients on. The lid on one side has the vent to let air into the grill and also for additional smoke to escape. The grill has the reinforced lid that retains heat within for perfect cooking.
The stand of the grill has 1.5-inch tubular legs that are held with stability by the side braces. Just above the wheels, there is an additional tray provided where you can store additional utensils or other cooking tools for your easy convenience.
- Smaller grill but has 225 sq inches of grilling area
- The charcoal drawer is easily accessible so that you can tend to the coal while cooking
- The sturdy lid retains heat for quick cooking
- Wheels provided to the stand to make sure it is easy to move around when required
- Cast-iron grates provide great sear to the meat
- Customers complained of paint melting off
- No temperature control available
Z Grills is known for the grills that they manufacture and the one that we are talking about now is designed to fuel from the wood pellets or charcoal. This grill is known to do multiple tasks like a grill, bake, smoke, roast, and barbeque. Made with a sturdy body and stand it is known to have a longer life than most of the products in this list. This model, although runs on the wood pellets need electricity to maintain and fire up the cooking area. On the left side of the main barrel, there is the storage area for wooden pellets that are taken in by the furnace automatically.
There is a temperature control knob on the left side unit, which has a led display on it. You can control the temperature from 180 degrees F to 400 degrees F. One can switch on and off the grill with the controls provided on this panel. The lid is made of stainless steel material to ensure the heat being retained within the grill. The total cooking area available in the grill is around 700 sq inches and is sufficient for a large gathering. The product is provided with a 3-years manufacturing warranty.
- Multiple cooking options available in the grill
- Uses electricity for the ignition system to work on
- Uses wooden pellets to fire up the grill
- 700 sq inches of the cooking area available in it
- 3-year manufacturer warranty provided by the company
- Temperature controller available in the side panel
- No smoke is being produced for the smoke effect
- Temperature is not produced as required
This model from Royal Gourmet is a charcoal grill that requires no electricity to run. Slightly different from the previous model form the same brand, it is smaller and fits in even smaller places of your house. The grilling area available in this model is about 393 sq feet, and it is sufficient for a small gathering without any doubt. The grates are made of porcelain-enameled steel that produces great sear to the meat. There is also a warming rack that lets you warm the food when required. The lid is made of heavy-duty stainless steel to ensure the heat is retained well within to conserve energy. There is also a temperature-gauge installed in the lid so that you can monitor the temperature to your requirement.
To adjust the temperature in the grill, the height of the charcoal tray can be adjusted with six height levels. The lever is provided on the front side of the grill. The access door for the charcoal tray to tend the coal is also available on the front side. At the bottom, there is a tray to collect the ash from the coal and it is easy to remove and dispose of the ash. The stand is sturdy to hold the grill and also has 2 wheels provided to move it with ease wherever you require it.
- 393 sq inches of the cooking area available to serve 4-6 people in a single stretch
- Porcelain-enameled grate spreads the heat evenly across
- The temperature gauge is available on the lid to monitor and control the temperature
- 6 Height adjustment of charcoal pan available to control the heat
- Spring handle installed on the lid to make sure you do not burn your hand
- Assembling is not as easy as the company claims
This model from Char-Griller is different from the model we spoke on the same brand on the list. This is a large-sized grill that has 2 cooking areas available. It is fuelled by charcoal hence gives the perfect smoked barbeque with all the experiments you make with the sauce. The main grill and the side firebox both are made of heavy-duty steel construction and have been powder-coated to make sure there is no peeling, no rust formation or corrosion of the body. On the side and the front side of the main grill barrel, there are wooden platforms that can be used as the preparation area.
The charcoal drawer makes it easy to add in the coal when required and also removing the ash to dispose of it. It has a double bottom to ensure durability. The lid is made of heavy-duty steel and this helps in retaining the heat within for perfect and efficient cooking. The grill has 580 sq inches of main cooking area and 250 sq inches of side firebox. This is a large cooking area and helps you out when you have a big guest list to serve to.
There are 2 wheels installed to the legs which will help you move it around with ease. The grates are coated with a non-stick coating so that the food does not stick to it. The handles used are made of wood that conducts no heat and your hand is safe from any burns or injury.
- Large cooking space available in the grill to make sure you can serve larger guest list faster
- Traditional Texas-style barbeque grill
- Heavy-duty steel construction for longevity and durability
- Air vents provided for easy airflow
- Temperature gauge provided to monitor
- Paint peels off
- Products received contained dents.
Gaintex introduces a portable BBQ grill that is fuelled by charcoal. Not too big or not too small, this grill is perfect for a small family dinner or party. The grill has rugged looks with the black mat finish. On the right side of the main grill, there is a tray with wooden panels that can be used as a preparation area or area to place all the cooking ingredients. The grill can be used to grill, barbeque and/or smoke the meat as per your requirement. It has a stable metal construction with rectangular tubed legs for a sturdy hold on the ground.
There is an easy access door in the front from where you can tend to the coal to manage the temperature. There is a tray at the bottom where you can store all the essential materials required for the barbeque. Two wheels on the legs help you move the grill with ease and faster. The charcoal tray height adjustment available makes it easy to manage the temperature for cooking purposes. The side shelf can be folded and this will help in storage when not in use. There are also hooks provided on the side shelf where you can hang some accessories for grilling purposes.
- Portable BBQ grill with heavy-duty porcelain-enameled grates
- Stable metal construction makes it a safe one to use
- Wheels move the grill easier
- The thermometer on the lid lets you monitor the temperature to your requirement
- Air vents help in keeping the heat at the right level
- Paint started to burn off.
SurHome is the brand that has brought the portable version of the barbeque grill for the BBQ enthusiasts. This is portable enough to even carry it to a picnic or hiking with the ease of carrying it. The grill is foldable like a small briefcase and also light in weight. It is easy to open and assemble it when you want to use it and also vice-versa. Although compact, the cleaning is easier with very few parts available in it.
The grate is made of heavy-duty stainless steel that withstands the heat of any charcoal and is as durable as it gets. You can also cook burgers, fish, hotdogs, steaks and all those you can think of. The construction of the grill is sturdy and can resist rust hence making it durable and long-lasting. The grill is easy to carry to hiking, picnic, or also works well in the patio. If you know of any of your friends who are crazy about barbeque, then this is the best to gift to them.
- Foldable and lightweight construction makes the grill a portable one
- Can be used in hiking, picnic or any other outdoor location with ease
- Made of sturdy steel and resists rust for longevity
- Easy to clean
- Customers complained about the grill to be flimsily made
- No instruction manual in the package
Best Barbeque Grills 2021 : Buying Guide
We have now discussed multiple barbeque grills that are available in the market and with the unique features that make them stand apart. But are you sure which one you feel is the best for you to buy? If you have not reached that decision yet, we will help you with the below-buying guide which will tell you what features you need to look for the best buy.
Although most of the products we discussed use charcoal as the fuel to fire up the cooking area, there are other options available. Some grills, although use charcoal as the fuel they use electricity to burn the charcoal and manage the heat in the grill as per the requirement. These are usually the larger ones and mostly used for commercial purposes. Some grills use gasoline or electricity to fire up the cooking area. So, this is the first thing you need to look into. What kind of fuel-driven grill are you looking for?
The next important thing to look into is the cooking area available in the grill. If you are the person who invites many people regularly for the barbeque then it is advisable to go for the grill that has a larger cooking area. Some that are available have dual cooking space and that would come in very handy when you have unexpected additional guests dropping in. But you will have to keep in mind that the larger the grill gets difficult, it gets to move it around although there are wheels provided with it.
Aftermath is always difficult to manage as it requires cleaning and putting things back to its original state. So, look for the grills that are easy to clean. Grates with bigger gaps would get easier to clean as they are easy to access. Make sure there are ash collection trays provided so that it gets easy to dispose of the ash in a single instance. The next that requires the sturdiest cleaning is the grease from the cooking. Some grills collect grease at the bottom and drain them through a pipe provided. So, if you are too keen on this feature, please select the right one.
Although we know that barbeque grills are ones to be used in the backyard or the courtyard of the house, there are also options of portable ones available in the market. If you are a regular hiker or love going for picnics, then go for these portable ones. They will be perfectly suitable for your requirements. They are less expensive when compared to the bigger ones and easy to carry.
With the detailed description of the products on the list, we believe you were able to conclude which one to buy. The buying guide is just a guide for you to look at specific features that are important to have in a grill. There might be some other specific features that you are looking for, but these are the most common and essential features that are required. Happy Buying!
You love to check :
- Best gas grills under $300
- Best Smokeless Indoor Grill 2021
- Best Electric Smoker Under $200
- Best Small Electric Smoker 2021
- Best Gas Grill 2021
- Best BBQ Grill Reviews 2021
- #1. Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Grill
- #2. Char-Griller – Patio Pro Charcoal Grill
- #3. Dyna-Glo Signature Series Barrell Grill
- #4. Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill
- #5. Char-Broil American Gourmet 18-inch Charcoal Grill
- #6. Z GRILLS Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- #7. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill
- #8. Char-Griller Smokin Pro Charcoal Grill with Side Fire Box
- #9. Giantex BBQ Charcoal Grill Portable Barbecue Grill
- #10. Barbecue Charcoal Grill Stainless Steel Portable
- Best Barbeque Grills 2021 : Buying Guide